Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Day



I know this post is a little late, but I did want to put up these photos from Valentine's Day. 


I made breakfast for Conor and then had to run over to the Ronald Mc Donald House like I do every Saturday to volunteer. I thought it was the perfect place to spend time on such a holiday. Usually on Valentine's day people are very wrapped up in hearts and flowers and greeting cards and forget that the day is actually about sharing YOUR heart. I will have to write a blog another day about my time at Ronald Mc Donald House which is a fabulous charity but the real subject of my heart filled holiday blog is a little boy in my Sunday School class. I help teach the 4 and 5 year old class at our church and yesterday was the one year anniversary of a little boy's heart transplant. It was a very emotional day for our congregation because they all rallied around this family and helped in any way they could so this little boy would have the best Valentine's day ever. The family was supported emotionally and financially by many people, some they may barely know. They were able to pay off medical bills, have help with travel arrangements and taking care of things back at home. Because of everyone sharing their hearts and love with this little boy, he now has a better quality of life and will always know the true meaning of Valentine's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment